No major renovations are required to improve the appearance of your closet and increase your space. Here are my top 10 ideas to help you make the most of your space!
- Use slim line hangers. The uniformity improves the overall appearance, but more importantly you will gain rod space and clothes will stay put because they are non-slip!
- Clear shoebox containers (available at the Dollar Store)are great for storing and protecting out of season shoes.
- Baskets or bins can hold clutch purses upright and preserve their shape.
- Tie racks are great for displaying jewelry, scarves, belts and of course, ties.
- Edit your clothes easily with this idea- at the start of a season; turn your hangers in one direction. When you wear an item replace the hanger in the opposite direction. At the end of the season the hangers that didn’t get turned around are the items you didn’t wear. Ask yourself why, and do you still need to keep them.
- Get some extra storage space with an over the door pocket shoe organizer. It’s not just for shoes- you can use it for scarves, gloves, leggings, socks and more.
- Organize your clothes by category (shirts, pants, skirts, etc), by style (casual, evening, office), by color or a combination.
- Seasonal or less used items should be stored up high.
- Shelf dividers can help keep folded items in neat
- Add hooks on doors or walls for added hanging space.