With some planning now, you can enjoy the spontaneity that summer brings. Here are some ideas to get you & your family ready for fun in the sun!
For general summer fun:
- Have a family meeting to decide what you must do, see & learn before the summer comes to an end. This exercise will help you map out your summer plans.
- Create a swim or beach bag fully stocked with towels, sunscreen, deck of cards, pool passes, etc. This will make leaving for the pool or beach easier & faster.
- Keep your car stocked with beach chairs & sand toys.
- Use snack baggies to prepare individual snacks for easy grab & go eating all summer. Click the picture for the Pinterest link!
- Call your pediatrician now to schedule your child’s yearly physical, a necessary requirement for school sports participation.
- Any kids going off to camp? Check the pack list & make any necessary purchases now. This will save yourself a last-minute shopping trip.
- Summertime usually means time in the garage. Move items around so you have easy access to all toys, bikes & sports equipment.
- Keep an extra propane tank or bag of charcoal on hand. You don’t want to run out in the middle of a party!
- Wipe down patio chairs & tables now. They’ll be cleaned & ready for your next gathering.
- If you have a fire pit, I suggest stocking up on all of the necessary s’mores fix-ins! Use dark chocolate for a great grown-up dessert!
- Keep your freezer stocked with hamburgers, hotdogs, veggie burgers, brats & respective buns. You will always have the foundation for a summer menu & something for everyone.
- Purchase large sized lemonade & iced tea mixes so you have drinks ready for any impromptu party.